Sunday, February 14, 2010

Toblerone Cheesecake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

YUM YUM YUM YUM! I heart Toblerones.. and to make a Toblerone flavoured cheesecake.. EVEN BETTER!

Soo, I bet you're wondering how I was inspired to make this.. Well I was visiting the Coles at Mt Ommaney during lunch and they had a clearance on Dark Chocolate Toblerones for $0.51.. No joke! 100g of awesome, delicious, dark, Toblerone for 51c! I bet you guessed it.. I bought the LOT! so about 16 total. 1.6Kg of one of my favourite chocs for $8.16.. Not bad if I don't think so myself.

I made heaps of goodies out of my super stash of chocs.. But this one in particular I had made for my friend Tish. She loves it when I cook up a storm, as she does deserve a bit of a break as she works full-time, has a husband annnddd 3 kids.. I'm tired already just thinking about it *phew*.

I wanted to make her something sooo yum, but I REALLY couldn't choose what to make out of the 2 recipes I had.. So I made both.. My the other 1/2 of her gift will be on my next post... Perfect example of how they say "Saving the best for last". It's worth the wait!

So here's my recipe:

Ingredients

Base
250g Oreo biscuits (with filling)
100g unsalted butter, melted

Filling
4 gold-strength gelatin sheets or 2 tsp of gelatin powder
500g cream cheese
200-300g of Toblerone chocolates- It's up to you what kind you want to put in
3/4-1 cup of castor sugar (amend to taste)
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1x 100g Toblerone to decorate
Melted white chocolate to decorate

Method

Grease and line the base of a 21cm spring-form pan. Place the biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and process to combine. Press into the base of the pan and chill for 30 minutes.

In a microwave proof bowl, place broken up Toblerones into microwave, stopping and stirring chocolate at 10 second intervals with a spatula until completely melted. Set aside to cool.

In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with a beater until smooth and fluffy. Heat about 1/3 of cream in a saucepan over low heat, then add gelatin to the warmed cream. Stir off the heat until gelatine dissolves. Stir cream mixture into the cheese mixture.

Beat remaining cream with electric beaters to soft peaks. Fold into the cream cheese mixture with the cooled chocolate. Pour over the base, then chill overnight until set.

Melt white chocolate in microwave using the same method. Drizzle over the chilled cheesecake. Use as glue for pieces of decorative Toblerone so that they wont fall off.

That's it! Mmmmmm, Keep reading to see my next post to see what was the other 1/2 of her delicious, mouth watering gift :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. funny you mention that u were at mt. ommaney ..i was there too yesterday in the library though lol

    well that cheese cake looks delicious! and that is such a bargain for toblerones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh rly? I'm at Mt. Om. most weekdays as I work close to there :D

    Thanks, I suggest you try it, its definitely worth the empty calories :D

    ReplyDelete