Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Best Pancakes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Well, well well.. Happy Pancake Day everyone!


I know that everyone claims to have their own famous recipe and techniques for classics of the cooking world, but I kid you not, I have the BEST recipe for good old traditional pancakes.

I find that our Saturdays are pretty hectic these days- with work, our social lives and not to forget our pain in the ass housemates who NEVER know when to leave us alone. It's hard to finally have some decent one and one time with Mr. BB.


I find that if I manage to grab him before he is rushed out of the house, then I can get atleast 5 seconds alone. Solution? Pancakes.

I'd originally stumbled across this recipe on www.leaveroomfordessert.com mid last year. I gave it a go and looking back on my pancake track record (since I was about 8), these have been the best ones yet.



The Best Ever Pancake Recipe
Recipe from www.leaveroomfordessert.com



2 cups plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
75g butter, melted
extra butter for frying



Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Whisk in beaten eggs, milk, sugar and butter. Sizzle some extra butter in a non-stick frying pan and pour in batter to desired size.



Flip when bubbles appear and cook until golden.



How simple is that!?



No comments:

Post a Comment