Sunday, February 21, 2010

Soundwave Choc Mint Rice Bubble Bars

Photobucket

FINALLY! After 6 months of patient waiting... Yesterday was Soundwave Festival! Mr BB had bought the tickets for my Birthday last year and it is the best present I have ever recieved! (Sorry Mum, but a granny-style table cloth isn't going to cut it anymore)

For those of you who don't know what Soundwave is, you can loosely say that Soundwave is a 'Big Day Out for metal bands'. It is MASSIVE!

I saw some of my FAVOURITE bands: Taking Back Sunday, Clutch, Paramore, Meshuggah, AFI, Jane's Addiction, Trivium, Escape the Fate and Finally HIM. I wish I could have seen a few more but ran out of time :(

Below is a video of Paramore.. I was in the crowd somewheres lol:



HIM is my favourite band, and has been for a LONG time. I even have 2 HIM tattoos!.. So, I was in the mosh pit
and only 1 Metre from Ville Valo..*drools* (After waiting an Hour, unwillingly watching Escape the Fate who was on before them). Let me just add the Mosh pit is what I would imagine hell to be like - It was hot, damp, crap around your feet, people shoving, fighting, dying of thirst, but no water in sight.. all of that pain to see a band? It was worth it :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyways, I bet you are wondering if I am going to talk about food yet...

As Soundwave was going to take up the majority of my weekend (Prep-sleep, pre-drinking, the actual festival, then recovery Today- Yep I have the WORST headache right about now). I figured that I may as well get my baking fix out of the way in the morning before I left...

These are 'No-bake'.. but you get the point :D


Choc-Mint Rice Bubble Bars
Adapted from http://www.kelloggs.com.au/ricebubbles

Photobucket

Cooking time: Refrigerate until set


Makes: 24


INGREDIENTS

4 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Bubbles®- I used Home Brand.. (Its cheaper)

1½ cups icing sugar, sifted

1 cup desiccated coconut -Used Shredded Coconut

250g copha®*, chopped - I just used regular Home Brand unsalted butter.

3 tbsp cocoa

¼ tsp peppermint essence- I added this into the slice mixture
100g of dark cooking chocolate 50g of unsalted butter

M&M's (optional)

METHOD


Line a 23 × 33cm rectangular cake tin with Aluminium Foil

In a large bowl, mix the Kellogg’s® Rice Bubbles®, icing sugar, cocoa & coconut.

Slowly melt the copha® in a saucepan over a low heat.

Allow to cool slightly.

Add to Rice Bubbles mixture, stirring until well combined.

After preparing chocolate crackles mixture and press firmly into a foil lined cake tin. Refrigerate.
Slowly melt the cooking chocolate in the microwave, stopping and stirring in 10 second intervals. When melted. add butter. Microwave for a further 10 seconds and stir to incorporate

Spread over chilled base

Return to refrigerator until firm.

Cut into pieces.

copha®* – Registered trade mark Unifoods Australia *Kremelta in New Zealand

I found this to be quite redneck-ish so I guess I wouldn't make it again lol.

I've also started experimenting with a lighting box to take better photos.. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great recipe!
    Of course I follow you back. Have you become a follower on Cut And Dry? Please let me know.
    And thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog.
    Your blog is lovely!
    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,

    Thanks :D

    I sure am! I already can't wait for your next post.

    BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say thank you. Please don't cry! I want people to smile cause they know me or are a part of my life in some way. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete