Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bacon and Corn Relish Dip

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ok, so I have a date night coming up. No not one of those 'Date Nights', I already has my Emo, but with one of my besties Tish :D

So we're heading to the movies to see Daybreakers (Yep, filmed here is Brisvegas) at the Myer Centre. Honest to god, I HATE the lack of variety of snacks at the movies. Ohh popcorn, ice cream.. it's always the same. So always bring my 'Extra large handbag' to sneak in some low-carb goodies.

One of my all time favourite snacks to make is Bacon and Corn Relish Dip. I whip this up if we're going to have guests over, a party (in a Cob Loaf), or even if I just want it on its own. So therefore I wanted to share my faithful recipe.


Ingredients

1 Tub of creamed cheese
1 Jar of Corn Relish (About 300mL)
100g of diced Bacon
1 Brown onion (diced)
1/2 Tbs of oil for cooking
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parsley or Chives (Optional)

With this recipe, you don't really need to measure as you can go entirely by taste.

Heat your oil on a medium-high heat, add your onions. Fry until softened. Add your diced bacon and fry to your liking. I usually make it a bit crisp.

Once your onions and bacon are cooked, add your creamed cheese. After a few moments, it will melt/soften from the heat, that's when you add your corn relish, and season to taste.

Stir until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Spoon into a ramekin and garnish with parsley or chives.

Serve with water crackers, toasted turkish bread or cut veg..

No comments:

Post a Comment