Sunday, May 2, 2010

Princess Cake- 5th Birthday Cake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of my friend's little daughter's had just turned 5 and I was asked to help with making a cake for her party this afternoon.. She is really into princesses so Tish and I created this baby. Took a little while and I sacrificed my perfectly healthy back as we spaced the making process throughout the day, but it turned out beautifully.

We had used a regular yellow vanilla butter cake recipe and iced it with yummy strawberry buttercream icing. The little details on the flowers were made with gel icing.. nom nom.

I know there are a few imperfections from icing this in a poorly lit room, but are you all proud? :p


5 comments:

  1. Oh that cake came out precious. I love the color combo also. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!
    The tip I used for the mint frosting was a Wilton 2D. It's my new favorite tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so girly :) She must be so thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw so cute!! btw - have you ever tried to viva paper towel method of smoothing frosting?? it's the only way I can get smooth buttercream...which is why I use more fondant now lol ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone.

    Hmmm no I haven't tried the paper towel technique. I'll have to google it. Thanks Cara :)

    ReplyDelete