Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ravenous hunger after the flu? Here is how I solved it :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After my first week at my new job I became ill with the flu.. As if starting a new job isn't stressful enough, I had to get sick on my weekend. Anyways on the sunday when I was feeling marginally better and after using 200 post it flags on Margaret Fulton's Encyclopedia of Food and Cookery, I was ravenously hungry.. it was that type of hunger after the 48 hr famine.

I had already gorged on some Doritos, a hot chocolate and bits of this and that, then I remembered this recipe for Sticky Asian Pork Ribs. I had sourced this from a SFI magazine about a year back and is my favourite way to prepare pork ribs, so simple and with tasty results!

This picture was taken a while back when I first prepared them, they came out sooo sticky, decadent and more-ish. I didn't grab a photo this time around as I had some really badly cut meat and it looked terrible, but still hit the spot!

Sticky Asian Pork Ribs

Ingredients
800g Pork Ribs
1 tbs Peanut Oil
1 tbs Chinese 5 Spice
1/2 cup firmy packed brown sugar.

Preheat oven to 180 C.

Combine peanut oil, 5 spice and brown sugar in a bowl, pat ribs dry with paper towel.

Rub ribs with sugar mixture. Place into baking pan and bake for approx 20 mins or until well cooked.

Cut between the bone and serve with rice or buttered green beans.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. MMM I can have that with some congee too! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds really simple and delicious too! I like using five spice to add flavour to meat/rice dishes (:

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/04/steamed-glutinous-rice-with-chicken-lo.html

    http://mummyicancook.blogspot.com/2011/03/five-spice-roast-poussin-with-mandarin.html

    ReplyDelete